Skills for Life
Greenacre Academy is committed to setting appropriate homework that matches the individual needs of the subject, age and ability of the students.
As a guide students are expected to complete:
• Yr 7 & 8 – 30 minutes homework per night;
• Yr 9, 10 & 11 – 45 minutes Homework per night.
• Yr 12 & 13 – 3 hours Homework per night.
• If your son/ward needs help with homework we run a homework club every weekday from 2.50-3.50 the school library.
• The library is available to our students as a base for them to do homework for up to an hour after school if they so wish. ICT facilities are available. All students are encouraged to use it. Teacher help is on hand (not to give answers of course) but to encourage and guide.
• Click here to view the full homework club flyer
If parents / carers have any subject specific queries with the homework please get in touch with the relevant class teacher / form tutor. All staff email addresses are available via the link below.
Thank you for your continued support of Homework.
Mrs T Tozeland
Head Of Media Studies